Saturday, December 2, 2017

Pepino & Shaba - Teke Teke Tenshi


Pepino & Shaba - Teke Teke Tenshi
Vavan Media Inc. ‎– H00W20101
1989.04.12

I was digging through the bins and found this album cover that caught my attention.. and when in doubt, youtube will tell you if its something you might be interested in. i searched, found this video, and immediately added them to my cart.



well, the cd opens with a pretty generic sort of introduction track where they seem to be talking about themselves. its playful but not particularly interesting.  then the real fun starts. what follows are 5 tracks of pure awesomeness. it reminds me of when i first heard Nanaki's Mahalik Halili and immediately fell in love. so i keep spinning this album. on my fourth trip through right now. It is in the ballpark of Mahalik and Yuusei Mints, maybe a splash of Yukiseimeitai. Everything we love about oddball 80's female popwave stuff. This gets my highest recommendation on the shit you've never heard but should chart. Pepino is cute and her voice does tremendous work here, sounding daring and suggestive. And the band is fucking funky as hell. I need to know if these guys were in other groups. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they were in some serious outfits that we are all familiar with, cuz they got talent.

Buy It.


No comments:

Post a Comment